Q: What Python environment is available?
A: We are using the Anaconda2 distribution from Continuum Analytics, which is built around version 2.7 of the interpreter.
Q: What packages are already available?
A: Most popular packages for data science and machine learning are already installed and ready to be imported. The current list is available here.
Q: Why not use Python3?
A: At the moment most deep learning libraries written in Python focus on version 2.7.
How to use
Q: I modified a notebook and now it does not work well. How can I recover the notebook?
A: The procedure is as follows:
- go to the material page
- download the notebook file (*.ipynb) that you want to repair
- upload the file to the ipython notebook environment that you are using
Q: I wrote some codes on my ipython notebook environment last week and it’s gone now.
A: We replace all your environment every Sunday midnight. You should save your code to your local machine if it’s important.
Q: Where can I download the exercise materials ?
A: They can be download from https://github.com/ailorg/dl_lecture_pub
Q: What should I do if I run out of time?
A: If you need more time please use this form.
Q: Are there any rules for submission?
A: There are several things that you need to be careful about:
- Complete the homework function.
- “train_X” and “train_y”, and “test_X” are provided for training and testing respectively.
- For validation, “train_X” and “train_y” can be divided into “valid_X” and “train_X”, and “train_y” and “valid_y”.
- You need to return a variable “pred_y” according to the value of “test_X”
- The lines starting from “%” will be removed.
- The lines containing “test_y” will be removed.
- Your score will be evaluated by F-measure.
Review the homework submission guide here.
Q: Can I change my submission?
A: Yes, it is possible to submit your homework as many times as you want during the submission period. Once it ends the last homework submitted will be evaluated.
Q: Are there any rules for evaluation?
A: Yes, the code must end without raising any errors and finish before the designated evaluation time (60 minutes).
Q: Why am I not in the leaderboard?
A: Only the ten best results get into the leaderboard. If your score was not high enough you will not be listed as a top entry.
In some cases, these tips might work.
- Try reload the iLect page and push ‘start’ button.
- If a blank page appeared, switch to full screen mode.
- Try another browser. (We recommend google chrome. https://www.google.com/chrome/)
- If there are error messages on java script console like developer tools, please send us. https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console